Under the uncertainty of the virus-stricken world, more than ever, companies want to achieve fast business results at a reasonable cost. Proof-of-Concept and MVP within several months, is it possible? With a dedicated software development team, definitely, yes. And here’s why this model is so effective.
What is a dedicated development team?
Dedicated software development is a business approach when a client hires a remote team working full-time exclusively on their project. The intermediary, an outsourcer company, takes full responsibility for recruiting and maintaining this team, with all overhead expenses already included in the hourly rate of each specialist. Usually, it is composed of a team lead, a PM, software engineers, QA specialists, UI/UX designers, and a business analyst. A dedicated team is an excellent match for medium- and long-term- projects, especially those with changing requirements, as it allows greater flexibility.
Outsourcing vs. out-staffing, dedicated vs. augmented team — what’s the difference?
The difference between outsourcing and out-staffing is mostly about management and the ultimate responsibility for the project result. With outsourcing, you get everything covered from A to Z, including all levels of management. If you want to single-handedly control your remote team and have an experienced CTO and PM who will oversee the development process and its outcome, then out-staffing is your cooperation model.
Staff augmentation is narrower than the dedicated model and entails only recruitment of the specialists required by the company to extend the existing tech team on a temporary basis.
When do you need a dedicated team?
- Your in-house employees lack tech expertise, i.e., DevOps
- You only have a product idea and need the people power to implement it.
- You don’t want to spend money and time on recruiting
- You don’t want to deal with numerous organizational issues and expenses of hiring and onboarding new staff
- You don’t have experience in tech recruiting
- You are a startup and need to get an MVP a.s.a.p. to present to potential investors
- Your project has grown unpredictably, and you can’t handle it with internal resources
- You want to decrease the project risks to zero by handing over the development process to an experienced team
- You need a documented legal guarantee of a good result within a set budget and timeframe
How to find an outsourced provider?
The main criteria to consider when choosing your software development partner:
- Wide experience in projects similar to yours
- Deep understanding of the specificity of your business domain, and the target market
- Training, certificates, and licenses from official technology providers
- Established and transparent recruiting and management processes
- Clear pricing policy
- A strict policy on data and intellectual property protection
What is important?
- A skillful project manager who communicates client’s requirements to the team, provides constructive feedback and makes sure everything is on the right track
- Agile project methodologies/Lean approach for startups for fast results
- Establishing reliable communication through various channels
- Building a relationship on mutual trust
- Fostering awareness — the team should know what client’s values and company culture are
- Creating motivation by letting people know their voice is heard and valued
Why is dedicated software development a perfect model?
- 1. The client decides on the scope of the project.
- 2. Much cheaper recruiting and administrative support.
- 3. All-in-one pricing.
- 4. The client actively participates in the recruitment process to make sure candidates are a good tech/culture fit.
- 5. The team works on one project with no distractions — maximum efficiency and speed.
- 6. Transparent project management, full access to project progress.
- 7. Increased turnaround of the development — fast response to market changes, fewer lost opportunities.
- 8. Increased immersion into the project — more value — higher ROI.
- 9. Possibility to adapt the workload to new objectives and easily change the direction.
- 10. The team can be easily scaled up or down and reconfigured according to the current needs and requirements.
- 11. The determined project budget with minimal risk of overheads.
- 12. Long-term focus on the quality of work, out-of-the-box solutions.
- 13. The model is very effective for projects that need a continuous integration and grow and evolve with time.
- 14. A committed team adopts your culture, mission/goal.
Why is Blackthorn Vision among top outsourcing partners in Ukraine?
According to a Statista report, the demand for IT outsourcing services has been growing over the last decade, with the cost-saving being among key reasons to opt for it. What will change now? Only outsourcing companies that have unique know-how, exceptional client-focus, and the optimum service quality/speed/price balance, which is crucial for business, will survive the tough competition. Blackthorn Vision has it all and even more — the attitude. For more than a decade, we have been building solid foundations to ensure the success for our clients:
A realistic assessment of your project at the Discovery phase. The truth about what and how we can deliver to meet your expectations.
Technology stack. All advantages of being Microsoft’s Gold Partner.
Agile project management based on the best world practices.
Painstaking but quick recruitment process. 3–4 good candidates are offered for one position within 2–6 weeks, depending on the required skills, with a guaranteed probation period.
Team integration. Team-building events, cultural awareness training to create a close-knit team that functions effectively.
Employees’ professional development. Access to in-house educational resources, webinars, mentorship and knowledge sharing.
High level of employee satisfaction and retention. No bureaucracy and micromanagement; family-like atmosphere build on trust, a social package that is constantly improved.