With so many programming languages already on the market, and new ones emerging every year, it might be hard to choose the right ones for your goals. Technology stack — the ecosystem of coding languages, frameworks, platforms, and other tools — is crucial for the success of the software development process.
The ultimate decision should be based on many different factors, first of all, the specifics of the project. There are many questions to be answered. Is it mobile or web development? A native or cross-platform app? For instance, Python is widely used for AI development. Swift is designed for IOS development. C# with its .Net framework is indispensable for implementing complex cross-platform solutions in different industries — Energy, Oil & Gas, Biotechnology, Industrial Automation, Machinery, Internet of Things (IoT). If your company lacks tech expertise, an optimal approach might be to find a reliable software development partner to implement your business ideas.
Let’s have a look at the most popular programming languages that may become your business workhorse. They are loved by developers all over the world for their high efficiency, reliability, and excellent performance. Despite the fact that some of them might look quite outdated, they are very likely not to lose their relevance in the near future.
Java has been on the rise since its release in 1995. Despite the advent of Kotlin, which is now used for many Android applications, Java is still a very frequent choice of enterprise mobile app developers for frontend and backend coding. This omnipresent programming language has many advantageous characteristics, such as high performance, compatibility with multiple platforms, etc. Without a doubt, it will rank high for many years to come.
Why use Java?
- Superb libraries and extensive documentation
- It is widely spread
- Excellent tooling
- There are many developers on the market
- Compiled language
- Native threads
- Managed memory
C is instrumental in developing embedded systems and virtual reality apps. It helps to understand the way software functions on machines and is the “backbone” of the software development world. Such famous brands as Microsoft, PayPal, and Adobe choose it for its reliability.
Why use C?
- Great performance
- Hardware level
- Performance of assembler
What is Python used for?
Python is a universal and easy-to-learn language, often selected for building ultramodern technologies like deep learning, data analytics, and ML app development thanks to its efficiency, simplicity, and smooth deployment. It is also used by huge brands — YouTube, Pinterest, and Survey Monkey.
- Great libraries
- It is evolving very fast
- Elegant syntax
- Beautiful, readable code
- Large community
Why use C#?
- Great syntax
- Strong lambda support
- Strong generics support
- Language integrated query (link)
- Extension methods
Why do we love .Net?
When Blackthorn Vision started 10 years ago, we relied on .Net as one of the most promising frameworks. It allows virtually endless possibilities to implement high-complexity projects irrespective of the industry. Over this period, we have built on our professional expertise in C#/.Net and will continue to do so for the benefit of our clients. Have a look at what value we have created for our clients here.
Advantages of .Net framework for business
The .Net framework has been around for two decades and is still very cool, creating multiple benefits for business. Thanks to its Framework Class Library, developers can write less code, which means less time for implementing a project and thus lower budget. Object-oriented programming allows eliminating the unnecessary code. Besides, it consists of many reusable components and reusable code. Big enterprises chose the C# language and the wider .Net framework to build stable and reliable systems. The framework is constantly improved by Microsoft, with new features added regularly. The recent releases — .Net CORE, a multi-purpose and versatile open source development platform, and ASP .Net, a framework for cross-platform web applications, are valuable tools for developers all over the world. Why else is it a top choice?
- Beautiful, scalable architecture
- Reliability — it has been tested on thousands of applications since 2002.
- Top-notch safety of business applications with such advanced features as Managed code and CLR.
- Use across multiple platforms. You can create an application for a desktop, web or mobile browser, or an app running on PDA.
- Language independence. You can develop in different compliant languages — C#, IronPython, managed C++, VB.NET Shop, Visual COBOL, IronRuby, etc.
- Easy deployment of code thanks to such features as side-by-side versioning, partially trusted code, private components, no-impact applications, and controlled code sharing.
- Integration with Legacy Systems. The framework can process all types of XML documents and easily write any format of file, which provides many integration routes.
- .Net in combination with HTML make the creation of dynamic websites easy
- Better User Interface controls
What is C++ used for?
This rather old but versatile, general-purpose object-oriented coding language is extremely common. The main advantage of C++, frequently viewed as a superset of C, are its multitude of ready-to-use libraries with high speed and strong support. Google Chrome browser is based on it.
- Extremely fast if optimized
- Control over memory allocation
- Smart pointers
- Raii (resource acquisition is initialization)
- Gui toolkits
- Used both for front-end and backend
- Many excellent frameworks
- Fast and lightweight, flexible
- Non-blocking IO
- Present on all devices
PHP is one of the web development heroes and the powerhouse behind the world’s most popular websites. Despite its initial flaws, like problems with the built-in library, it has been improved and become a handy tool for software engineers all over the world thanks to its flexibility, short learning curve and simplicity.
Why use PHP?
- Large community
- Easy to deploy
- It is constantly improved
- Excellent documentation
- Used by WordPress
SQL (Standard Query Language) is almost fifty years old but it still occupies leading positions among database technologies. It is used for data management and data stream processing.
Why use SQL?
- High speed and high efficiency of SQL queries for data retrieval
- Well-outlined standards
- Interactivity and portability
- Multiple data view
Why use Typescript?
- Higher intuitivity and type safety compared to JS
- The best AltJS
- Powerful type systems
- Aligned with ES development for compatibility
Go, a.k.a. Golang, is a novel language characterized by expressiveness and conciseness. It has a straightforward syntax and fast compilation allows constructing programs in a flexible and modular way. These are just some of the reasons why it is selected by such giants as Netflix.
Why use Golang?
- Simplicity and minimalism
- Concurrency support via goroutines
- Easy-to-deploy statistically linked binaries
- Great community
- Built-in garbage collection and testing
Blackthorn Vision — your success partner
Whether you are a well-established company with the objective to extend your technological capacity with remote software developers or a startup founder who wants to build an entire team from scratch around a product, your project will be implemented according to the highest industry standards with the use of state-of-the-art technologies.